When you live in the Lowcountry, you don’t need a passport for authentic international experiences. Many foreign-born residents have relocated here and brought their knowledge and culture with them — Canadians, Mexicans, South Americans, Europeans, Africans, Asians, Australians, you name it. This issue is your guide for discovering all of the Lowcountry’s international wonders.
(26) Discover international adventures you can have right here at home
(30) Travel around the world with international books
(40) Meet local immigrants who are living the American Dream
(58) De-stress with seven wellness wonders of the world
(78) Transport your spaces to other places with globally inspired decor
(88) Unlock the powers of international flowers in your bouquets and summer floral arrangments
(98) Learn popular slang words and phrases used in other English-speaking countries around the world
(104) Read how a local couple’s foundation is having a major impact in Uganda
(108) Join one local man’s plight to bring books to rural Kenya
(134) Recreate recipes from local chefs that were inspired by international cuisine
(150) international destinations, (116) our history of international influence
Lance Hanlin, Editor-in-Chief
LOCAL Life Magazine
800 Main St, Hilton Head, SC 29928
Talk of the Town Hosted by Robyn Zimmerman
Guest Host Lisa Richardson
WHHI Television: Your Hyperlocal South Carolina Television Station Serving the Lowcountry!
Hilton Head Island, SC | Bluffton, SC | Beaufort, SC | Pooler, GA
Beaufort County | Jasper County | Hampton County
WHHI-TV. Local News. Local Sports. Local Television. Live Local.
Spectrum Channel 3 & 1230 | Hargray Channel 8 & 418
32 Office Park Rd, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928